[vtkusers] Displaying a Chart in a Renderwindow

HansAusBremen hansausbremen at gmx.net
Wed Oct 12 09:35:42 EDT 2011

Hi all,

since I can't get
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkSpiderPlotActor.html
vtkSpiderPlot(Actor)  to function
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/vtkSpiderPlotActor-labels-are-too-small-td4849441.html
the way I want it to , I looked for something else and found
vtkParallelCoordinatesActor which did not fit my needs at all.
But there seems to be
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkChartParallelCoordinates.html
vtkChartParallelCoordinates  doing the exact same thing much better.

My problem is to integrate this chart into my existing Renderwindow. Is
there a way to link it to a renderer? Or to the Renderwindow directly?
In the given
http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=Charts/Testing/Cxx/TestParallelCoordinates.cxx
example  a vtkContextView is used. Could I link the view to my Renderwindow?

Thanks in advance.