[vtkusers] Volume Rendering - Gradient

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Oct 11 00:57:55 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 1:10 AM, PedroVTK <pedro.rodrigues17 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to render a 3D dicom volume using vtk with different colors
> according to the image histogram. However, when I use the
> vtkColorTransferFunction and the method
>
> OBJECT->AddRGBSegment( double x1, double r1, double g1, double b1, double
> x2, double r2, double g2, double b2 ),
>
> I only add two RGB points to the volume according x1 and x2. I would like
> know if it is possible to add a color gradient for all the points between
> x1
> and x2.

It is a gradient (a linear ramp between the two points), the color being
linearly interpolated, in the color space that you've set. There's also the
ability to have a continuous gradient based on hermite functions.

If you wish to set your own set of values, see
vtkColorTransferFunction::BuildFunctionFromTable.

--
karthik