[vtkusers] Mesh with holes: points inside/outside 3-D closed contour

Miguel Sotaquirá msotaquira at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 07:58:52 EDT 2011

OK,

I thing I might have a solution for the first question (points insider or
outside the closed contour): using vtkPolygon and specifically the
"PointInPolygon" method (that uses a ray tracing approach). For now I'm
trying this one.

However I still don't know how to choose points inside the contour but at
the same time only belonging to the "outer" (top part of the) surface.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Miguel