[vtkusers] vtkMultiBlockDataSet and SetInputConnection

R M mlokida at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 5 10:48:02 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have a reader that output a vtkMultiBlockDataSet object. All the blocks are unstructuredGrid objects and to Display Them, I need to use the vtkGeometryFilter (to have vtkPolyData) and then send them to a mapper and an actor.

So, for each block I get the vtkUnstructured (SafeDownCast on Block i) and use the SetInput method of the vtkGeometryFilter and then call Update() on it in order to have the vtkPolyData at the ouput of the vtkGeometryFilter and set the vtkPolyData as input of the vtkPolyDataMapper...

So, the question is: is there a better solution than using the SafeDownCast on block i to have a vtkUnstructuredGrid and setInput(myVtkUnstructuredGrid)  to the geometry Filter. I mean, can I use setInputConnection on the geometry filter on how can I do it on my multiblockDataSet ?

Thank you.