[vtkusers] Linking vtkCellLocator with vtkDijkstraGraphGeodesicPath

nsarrasin nsarrasin at phenix-systems.com
Wed Oct 5 08:37:52 EDT 2011

Hi all vtkusers,

I'd like to get the shortest pat on the mesh between two projected points A
& B (double[3]).

I need help because I am blocked at the end of the process.

I thought about linking vtkCellLocator and vtkDijkstraGraphGeodesicPath.

For both A and B, vtkCellLocator->IntersectWithLine (with vertical line)
gives me the id of the triangle containing its projection.

I can retrieve the points (double[3]) defining the triangle but I would like
to get the vertex ids, in order to launch vtkDijkstraGraphGeodesicPath
between one vertices of each of my both triangles.

How can I proceed ? Is this the right way ?

Thanks by advance.