[vtkusers] self intersecting surface mesh

Bryn Lloyd lloyd at itis.ethz.ch
Sun Nov 13 05:34:19 EST 2011

Hi

First, I would recommend using vtkQuadricDecimation instead of vtkQuadricClustering. The latter changes topology.

If you still have intersections (something that none of the decimation algorithms in vtk guarantee to avoid) you could try to use a smaller reduction rate. This often helps.

If you can display the self-intersections, and have tools to interactively modify the mesh, you could also go along this path. Often there are only a few self-intersections (after vtkQuadricDecimation).

Good luck
Bryn