[vtkusers] vtkChartXY: How to catch mouse click events, user interaction? (VTK 5.8.0)

Julien Finet julien.finet at kitware.com
Fri Nov 4 10:54:54 EDT 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Natalie <natis261270 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Julien,
>
> thanks a lot! Now I subclassed vtkChartXY as you said and implemented the
> MouseDoubleClickEvent. It works!

Great !

If you believe that what you did by reimplementing vtkChartXY can be
generic enough and be directly integrated into vtkChartXY, please, feel
free to write and suggest a patch.

>  In doing so, only double clicks in the
> chart area are detected, but not those on the axis label or anywhere
> outside
> of the axes.

This is by design I believe.
What do you want to do with dbl click that requires the full area to be dbl
clickable ?
I let Marcus comment on the dbl click on the title and labels.

> I also looked at vtkControlPointsItem but I could not figure out how to use
> it for my purpose. Here a small example would be great.

vtkControlPointsItem is not be useful to you, it is only for transfer
function editing. I just suggested it so you can see how to implement
double click support.

Julien.