[vtkusers] vtkChartXY: How to catch mouse click events, user interaction? (VTK 5.8.0)

Natalie natis261270 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 09:25:08 EDT 2011

Hi Julien,

thanks a lot! Now I subclassed vtkChartXY as you said and implemented the
MouseDoubleClickEvent. It works!  In doing so, only double clicks in the
chart area are detected, but not those on the axis label or anywhere outside
of the axes.

I also looked at vtkControlPointsItem but I could not figure out how to use
it for my purpose. Here a small example would be great.

All the best,
Natalie