[vtkusers] Camera focal

Wenlong Wang scc.wwl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:31:54 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I am trying to aim my camera on my actor. I have two actors, one is the
original polydata, the other is generated by vtkTransformPolyDataFilter
from the original polydata.

In my app, at the beginning, there is only the original polydata and the
camera is focus on it. As I transformed my actor, the other actor was
created, and  I just used vtkRenderer::SetActiveCamera() and
vtkCamera::SetPosition(0, 0, 1) and no more operations on the camera. What
I expected is every time the actors transformed, such as scale, translate
or rotate, the camera stay still and keep its focal points not moved. So I
didn't use vtkRenderer::ResetCamera().

But, instead of what I expected, the actors don't appear on the screen and
as I press the mouse button and move my mouse they appeared. And they seem
move further from the camera, and the focal point is between them and the
camera. My interactor style is trackballcamera.

Can anyone tell me how to achieve what I expected? Your help will be
extremely appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Long