[vtkusers] vtkPCosmoReader

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Nov 1 10:10:01 EDT 2011

You definitely need to call Update, as nothing in VTK provides any
data until Update (or Render) tells them to do so. You might try
setting overlap to 0.

But we don't have enough information yet to really help. How many
processors are there in you MPI job? Can you supply a stack trace so
we can see where the reader is failing? Can you supply a small data
file that fails?

I would guess communication is failing somehow between processors when
the reader tries to read in parallel, but which call and why I haven't
a guess.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer