[vtkusers] cylinder + vtkPerspectiveTransform -> truncated cone

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Fri May 20 21:09:42 EDT 2011

In my application I want to visualize a vessel network made of a large number
(order of 100k) of segments of tube, each segment being a truncated cone, i.e.
the diameter varies along the segment.  Searching for a way to make a truncated
cone, I saw a suggestion for making it from a cylinder, using
vtkPerspectiveTransform. I would appreciate some guidance on how to go about
this.  Because I'm rendering  a large number of these segments, I'd like to do
it as fast as possible.  Is there an example relevant to this task?

Thanks
Gib