[vtkusers] vtkOutputWindow ERROR - Req 2

Bob Palank bob at stlcc.org
Wed May 18 15:42:21 EDT 2011

Running under XP-Pro SP3  using VC++2010 Express   using the Cone Test
example, I observe:

I'm confused. Explorer cannot find vtkAlgotithm.cxx file . anywhere.
And I don't think there know there is a berk folder on my system.
But I do have Paraview installed.

So I am currently at a loss as to how to resolve this issue.
ERROR: In C:\berk\ReleaseBuilds\ParaView3\VTK\Filtering\vtkAlgotithm.cxx
vtkPainterPolyDataMapper(018C6D08):Attempt to disconnect input port ind ....

See content below

Debug Build shows:

------ Build started: Project: Cone01, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

  Cone01.cpp

  Cone01.vcxproj ->
D:\Vtk561-bin\Examples\BobsExamples\Cone01V2\Debug\Cone01.exe

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Execution proceeds to

coneMapper->SetInputConnection( cone->GetOutputPort() );

Then a vtkOutputWindow is presented with a caption that states"

ERROR: In C:\berk\ReleaseBuilds\ParaView3\VTK\Filtering\vtkAlgotithm.cxx
vtkPainterPolyDataMapper(018C6D08):Attempt to disconnect input port ind ....

The right side of the window is not visible so the error is partially shown
even though renWin->SetSize( 1000, 300 ); was set.

There is no c:\berk folder and I don't think I need ParaView at all.

What should I do ?

Bob