[vtkusers] Error in compiling the examples of cxx after installing the vtk5.4.2

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed May 18 07:54:35 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 7:16 AM, sudhanshu gupta
<sudhanshugupta2511 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am getting error in compiling the VTK/Examples/Tutorial/Step1/Cxx
>
> i am compiling it with g++ cone.cxx but it says
>
> sudhanshu at sudhanshu-laptop:~/VTKBuild$ g++
> /home/sudhanshu/VTK/Examples/Tutorial/Step1/Cxx/Cone.cxx
> /home/sudhanshu/VTK/Examples/Tutorial/Step1/Cxx/Cone.cxx:23: fatal error:
> vtkConeSource.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
>
> I have make the VTKBuild , make install VTKBuild.
>
> Still i am getting error .can someonr help please
>
> Tell me the process how to compile the programs.
> Also tell me the process to install VTK i will chech if I was right or
> not..?
>
> Sudhanshu

You should follow these instructions to build VTK:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Building/Linux

And these to build an example:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Instructions/ForUsers

Note that the examples on the Wiki all come with CMakeLists.txt files.

David