[vtkusers] Error in compiling the examples of cxx after installing the vtk5.4.2

sudhanshu gupta sudhanshugupta2511 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 07:16:43 EDT 2011

Hi

I am getting error in compiling the VTK/Examples/Tutorial/Step1/Cxx

i am compiling it with g++ cone.cxx but it says

sudhanshu at sudhanshu-laptop:~/VTKBuild$ g++
/home/sudhanshu/VTK/Examples/Tutorial/Step1/Cxx/Cone.cxx
/home/sudhanshu/VTK/Examples/Tutorial/Step1/Cxx/Cone.cxx:23: fatal error:
vtkConeSource.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I have make the VTKBuild , make install VTKBuild.

Still i am getting error .can someonr help please

Tell me the process how to compile the programs.
Also tell me the process to install VTK i will chech if I was right or
not..?

Sudhanshu