[vtkusers] vtkStreamPoints!!!

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Wed May 18 07:49:39 EDT 2011

Hi Ray,

[please keep the mailing list in the recipients]

I am not a flow field expert. However, I submitted a few months ago a
deformable model framework for VTK :
   http://www.midasjournal.org/browse/publication/788
Basically, you can set a unique point from vtkPointSource to be a deformable
"mesh" (yes, it's not a mesh) and the external forces to be your vtkImageData
containing the stream vectors.

However, my proposal relies on vtkProbeFilter that interpolates vectors inside
but I don't think it is as good as a Runge-Kutta integration - my purpose was
not to reimplement a vector field integration class.

HTH
Jerome