[vtkusers] I need helping for use properly the simple legacy format

Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus aradnix at gmail.com
Wed May 18 01:39:55 EDT 2011

Hi again:

Well my problem is very simple, as I explained before, I'm not sure how to
complete the format in the right way, now I have this:

# vtk Datafile Version 3.0
Visualization of subdomains 1
ASCII
DATASET STRUCTURED_GRID
DIMENSIONS 5 5 5
POINTS 5 float
.000E+00  .000E+00  .000E+00
.200E+01  .000E+00  .000E+00
.400E+01  .000E+00  .000E+00
.600E+01  .000E+00  .000E+00
.800E+01  .000E+00  .000E+00

SCALARS dataName dataType numComp
LOOKUP_TABLE default
s0
s1
sn-1

But I don't know yet where should I take from the dataName, the dataType,
how many types there are? I see the numComp can be ommited, but what about
the Lookup Table? I need to add more info? And what about the data about
pressure, I have to add it as a field and how? I have many doubts yet, I was
searching inside the VTK User's Guide but I can't find a deeper explanation
u_u.

Thanks for your time and helping:
Aradnix