[vtkusers] Fast dynamic cell search structure in vtk?

Bryn Lloyd lloyd at itis.ethz.ch
Tue May 17 10:50:39 EDT 2011

Hi

Is there any locator which is suitable to locate triangles in a dynamic
(changing) mesh? In my application individual points are removed or added,
triangles are removed or added.

I think the locators for cells (e.g. Kd-tree, vtkCellLocator) are built once
for a whole data set. So to use them I would have rebuild the search data
structure even if only a small subset of the data set has changed.

Can somebody recommend a library which includes fast triangle locators for a
changing mesh (e.g. for collision detection)?

Thanks for any clues

Bryn