[vtkusers] Disable rotation of vtkBoxWidget2

Matheus Brasileiro matheus.brasileiro at gmail.com
Mon May 16 12:52:19 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm using vtkBoxWidget2 to select a part of something in the scene, but I
don't want to let the selection box rotate I just want the Handles (little
spheres) able.
That way I will Just Resize the selection box through the handles.

I try the method vtkBoxWidget2::RotationEnableOff() but it seems not to
work.

..... some part of the code where I create some VTK objects ......

    BoxWidget2 = vtkBoxWidget2::New();
    BoxWidget2->SetInteractor(Interactor);
    BoxWidget2->SetRepresentation(BoxRepresentation);
    BoxWidget2->KeyPressActivationOff();

..... some part of the code where I want to enable the Widget but turn of
its rotation .....

    BoxRepresentation->OutlineCursorWiresOff();
    BoxRepresentation->OutlineFaceWiresOff();

    BoxWidget2->RotationEnableOff(); // this line don't disable the
rotation... I still can click on one of the planes of the box and rotate it.

    BoxWidget2->On();
    Renderer->Render();

Hope someone can help me.

Best regards.