[vtkusers] Display time series data from RAW files

Nick Butts nlbutts at gmail.com
Sat May 7 10:37:57 EDT 2011

I am generating data that is in the form of a surface mesh (essentially
image data). I would like to import this data into Paraview and
visualize it by moving forward and backward in time. I am using version
3.10.1 64-bit edition.

My files are labeled raw000000.raw (increase file number per frame). I
can import and visualize a single frame. But when I try to import the
time series data it only imports the first frame.

I am using the RAW reader plugin. My data is a little endian float. The
grid size is 501x501. Here are the settings I am using for the RAW reader:

File Prefix: d:\temp\data
File Pattern: %s%06d.raw
Data Scalar type: float
Data Byte Order: LittleEndian
File Dimensionality: 3
Data Origin: 0 0 0
Data Spacing: 1 1 1
Data Extent: 0 500, 0 500, 0 0
Number of Scalar Components: 1
Scalar Array Name: ImageFile

I have tried different combinations of File Prefix and File Pattern, but
I never seem to get the time series of data. Any ideas?