[vtkusers] Intersection of two iso surfaces

Leo van Ruijven LvRuijven at gmx.com
Tue May 3 03:41:07 EDT 2011

Hi Luke,

One way is to calculate the signed distance to f2_w for all points in the polydata representation of f1 and than extract the isocontour with value zero.

But be aware that the accuracy of the result approximates the average edge length of the polydata. So unless you sample f1 with a very fine grid, the result will not be very accurate. Also, the calculation of the signed distances may be more expensive than constructing a polydata representation from surface f2_w and intersect that with the polydata representation of f1.

regards,
Leo.