[vtkusers] How to build a polydata with polygons from a given vtkMutableUndirectedGraph

Sebastian Rahner gnobbs at gmx.de
Mon May 2 16:33:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

i have a question regarding the creation of a polydata from a given
vtkMutableUndirectedGraph.

I have a vtkMutableUndirectedGraph whose vertices have certain positions
defined via the SetPoint method of the graph. The vertices are connected
with edges so that the faces of the graph are triangles.

Now i want to create a polydata from this graph including the polygons
which are defined by triangles. I applied vtkGraphToPolydata to the
graph which produces a polydata with correct points and edges connecting
the points. But how do i get a polydata which also includes the polygons
defined by the triangles?

Thanks in advance