[vtkusers] vtkImagePlaneWidget offset from cut plane

Bjorn Oksnevad boksnevad at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:23:22 EST 2011

Hello,
I am using a vtkImagePlaneWidget to define a cutting plane for a vtkCutter.
 The vtkCutter is then used to create tube outlines where the cut plane
intersects some 3d mesh structures.  However, when I render the resulting
outline, the outline tubes are slightly offset from the vtkImagePlaneWidget
in the direction of the normal.  I was expecting the outlines to be
positioned exactly on the vtkImagePlaneWidget plane, since I used
GetOrigin() and GetNormal() from the plane widget to define the cutting
plane.

Has anyone experienced this and have a solution/explanation?

Thanks in advance!
Bjorn