[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindowInteractor initialization creates new Window on Suse Linux

Peter Eipert eipert at web.de
Wed Mar 9 06:01:29 EST 2011

Thanks for your anwser but my problem is, that i want to add a
vtkOrientationMarkerWidget with a vtkAxesActor. So if I just add the
vtkAxesActor to my renderer the widget is not used to fix the coord
cross on the screen. To use the vtkAxesActor with the
vtkOrientationMarkerWidget I have to do the following steps:

vtkAxesActor axesActor=new vtkAxesActor();
vtkOrientationMarkerWidget axesWidget=new vtkOrientationMarkerWidget();
axesWidget.SetOrientationMarker(axesActor);
axesWidget.SetInteractor(axesInteractor);

In the last line I need a vtkRenderWindowInteractor and
GetRenderWindow().GetInteractor() does not work because it is null.

I'm not sure if there is a way to add the widget to the renderWindow
without creating a vtkRenderWindowInteractor.

Peter