[vtkusers] Quicktime weirdness

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 08:31:08 EST 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:43 AM, Gib Bogle <g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
> Good point Rakesh! I assumed that the one I built the program with is the
> same
> as the one on the MS download site (they are both for MSVC 2005), but now I
> see
> that the files differ in size by a few bytes, and differ a lot on a binary
> file
> compare. I've asked him to check the version number of the manifest that was
> created when he ran vcredist_x86.exe (wherever that is).

There are several versions depending on what SP (service pack) of
visual studio you have. Although applying a visual studio service pack
should have updated the redistributable. One other thing to check is
if you built your dependencies with the same SP. Although I believe
that would show up in the manifest for your application. At one time I
had Qt with one SP and my application with a second SP so installing
would have required both redistributables.

John