[vtkusers] java wrapper and dlls

Daniel Zuidinga daniel.zuidinga at rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jun 30 05:58:47 EDT 2011

i solved the dependent libraries by installing the visual studio
redistributable package. But now the app crashes with following errors:

#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000000, pid=2216,
tid=5144
#
# JRE version: 6.0_26-b03
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (20.1-b02 mixed mode, sharing
windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  0x00000000

(...)
Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
j  vtk.vtkRenderWindow.Render_7()V+0
j  vtk.vtkRenderWindow.Render()V+1
j  vtk.vtkPanel.Render()V+159
j  vtk.vtkPanel.paint(Ljava/awt/Graphics;)V+1
j  vtk.vtkPanel.update(Ljava/awt/Graphics;)V+2
j  assemblysimulator.gui.vis3d.AssemblyCell3DPanel.<init>()V+38

all i do in the assemblyCell3DPanel constructor is:
         super();
         vtkAxesActor aa = new vtkAxesActor();
         GetRenderer().AddActor(aa);

still a dll problem?