[vtkusers] Using two vtkSeedWidgets in separate renderers

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 17:04:02 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 4:36 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to write a Qt interface with two QVTK widgets, each with a
> separate vtkSeedWidget. Each of them works properly separately, but as
> soon as I load an image into both of the widgets, the behavior is very
> strange. The points are no longer placed under the cursor in either
> renderer.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why that might happen? Here is the code:
> https://github.com/daviddoria/InteractiveImageRegistration
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Ah, I was sharing the representation between the two widgets, and that
just doesn't make any sense. I guess I was thinking of the
representation like a glyph, but it actually contains information
about the interaction history. I guess I never understood why the
widget and representation (and in this case, another layer, the
Handle) are so separate?

David