[vtkusers] VTK and C# in Visual Studio 2010

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Jun 24 18:10:58 EDT 2011

Hello Wisam,

We use the ActiViz.NET C# wrappers with VS 2010 all the time, and it works well. It is an open source product now. The part that is limited to not work with VS 2010 is creating the wrappers yourself. So, if you can use the release binary versions for what you want to build, then there's no problem using VS 2010. (Hopefully a new VTK release will be coming soon, so the C# wrappers will get updated, also.) If you need to write custom C++ classes or subclasses to extend VTK, then part of the wrapping process is limited to VS 2008, but I think you can then still use those .dlls with building applications using VS 2010.

Hope this clears things up a bit,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group