[vtkusers] (no subject)

Rackwitz, Karl Karl.Rackwitz at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Jun 23 13:32:40 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am triangulating Pointclouds using Delaunay2D. Unfortunately it takes 8 seconds for a Pointcloud consisting of 30 000 Points to be triangulated.
Sizes of clouds reach up to 100 000 occasionaly. I was wondering, if there is a way to speed up the triangulation or use a different technique.

Here some Code:
--------
vtkSmartPointer<vtkDelaunay2D> del = vtkSmartPointer<vtkDelaunay2D>::New();
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyData> cloud = vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyData>::New();
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPoints> pts = vtkSmartPointer<vtkPoints>::New();
pts->SetDataTypeToFloat();

for all points
	pts->InsertNextPoint( p );

cloud->setPoints( pts );