[vtkusers] QVTKWidget slow rendering

Daniele Giunchi d.giunchi at scsolutions.it
Fri Jun 10 10:58:27 EDT 2011

Dear All,
I try some example in VTK-5.6 compiled with VS2008 on WIndows XP,
using Qt-4.7.2.
In particular I tested a vtk Structured Points (~50 Mb) in two
different examples, using basically this code:

/Load dataSet
 vtkDataSetReader *reader = vtkDataSetReader::New();
 reader->SetFileName("vtkTestVolume.vtk");
 reader->Update();

 vtkContourFilter* cf = vtkContourFilter::New();
 cf->UseScalarTreeOn();
 cf->SetInputConnection(reader->GetOutputPort());
 cf->SetNumberOfContours(1);
 cf->SetValue(0, 30000);

 // Mapper
 VTK_CREATE(vtkPolyDataMapper, mapper);
 mapper->ImmediateModeRenderingOn();
 mapper->SetInputConnection(cf->GetOutputPort());

and the two examples are:

1) Cone5.cxx (direct opengl rendering)
2) SimpleView.cxx (using QVTKWidget rendering)

The same data, on first example render with an acceptable frame rate,
while the second is incredibly slow.
Using the widget also in our test application, we notice the same latency.
Have you got any suggestion for this ?

best,
Daniele Giunchi

Dott. Daniele Giunchi
BioComputing Competence Centre
SCS srl
Via Parini 1, 40033 Casalecchio di Reno BO, Italy
http://bit.ly/czAFT3
http://www.scsolutions.it
mailto:d.giunchi at scsolutions.it

The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
material from any computer.