[vtkusers] pieces streaming mechanism

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Jun 8 13:09:30 EDT 2011

Look in the ParaView source code under the
directory Plugins/StreamingView/VTK. That directory does not need ParaView,
ie you can compile it against a standalone VTK build. The tests should be
particularly helpful.

I have not tried vtkXMLPImageDataReader so it might take some work to use
the files you have at hand. However, vtkXMLImageDataReader (note the lack of
P) does work with streaming. Instead of separate files streaming takes
advantage of the little exercised sub pieces within a single vti file
feature to do what it needs to with this file format.

See VTK/Rendering/Testing/Cxx/TestPriorityStreaming for more information.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive