[vtkusers] find and remove congruent/coincident triangles/faces of two meshes

Roman Grothausmann roman.grothausmann at helmholtz-berlin.de
Wed Jun 1 04:34:51 EDT 2011

Dear mailing list members,

Since there weren't any answers yet, I wonder if the subject of my post
was not clear:
I'm trying to create open surface meshes of a labelled image.
The labels are created by a watershed transformation that does not
introduce borders. Therefore, the triangles created by
vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes for two adjacent labels should be
congruent/coincident in the regions where the watershed transform
separated the particles.
I'm now looking for a filter that finds and removes congruent
triangles/faces of two meshes. Can this be achieved with available VTK
filters?
Or would it be possible to extend vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes to create a
mesh only for the surface of a label adjacent to the background?

Any help or hints on this are very much appreciated
Roman

--
Roman Grothausmann

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
Bereich Funktionale Materialien
Institut für angewandte Materialforschung
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
D-14109 Berlin

(früher Hahn-Meitner-Institut und BESSY)

Tel.: +49-(0)30-8062-42816
Fax.: +49-(0)30-8062-43059

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Joachim Treusch
Stellvertretende Vorsitzende: Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c.
Wolfgang Eberhardt, Dr. Ulrich Breuer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Handelsregister: AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583