[vtkusers] Performance with large number of objects

arvidkastel arvid.kastel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 10:02:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am new to VTK and have question concerning performance with a large number
of objects. I am implementing a 3d scatter plot and need to be able to plot
like 10 000 objects with possibly different colors and shapes and with
decent framerate. Performancewise this shouldn't be a problem for OpenGl.
With one actor per object I seem to manage about 10 spheres with good speed.
The suggestions in this mailing list are to create one single actor, but
that does not allow me to specify colors for each object, or does it?

Does anyone more experienced than I have an idea how to achieve this?

Thanks!