[vtkusers] problem VTKBioEng vtkCollisionDetectionFilter event timer

ederhazael ederhazael at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 21 12:20:16 EDT 2011

Hi, I am using vtkCollisionDetectionFilter like in the example
"TestCollisionDetection" of BioEng. In this example the update of the
elements in touch is for a mouse event (when you push a botton).

vtkCollisionCallback *cbCollide = vtkCollisionCallback::New();
   cbCollide->SetTextActor(txt);
   cbCollide->SetRenderWindow(renWin);
   collide->AddObserver(vtkCommand::EndEvent, cbCollide);

But I need use this function inside with timer event, I did try changing the
event for  "TimerEvent", but it is not succesfull.

collide->AddObserver(vtkCommand::TimeEvent, cbCollide);

I did try putting the
"vtkCollisionDetectionFilter *collide =
reinterpret_cast<vtkCollisionDetectionFilter*>(caller);"
inside of the timer, but it do not work.

Does somebody have a idea? Can you help me? Thanks...