[vtkusers] how to use SetCroppingRegionFlags to get inverted clipping?

khinwee khinwee at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 08:51:16 EDT 2011

Hi All!

I want to implement vtkBoxWidget to clip the inverted region of 3D volume
rendering. Can anyone guide me how to achieve that?

My result image is as follow:

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n4612226/vtkBoxWidget.png

But this result is the reverse of my goal. I wish to clip the inverted
region outside the vtkBoxWidget, which is shown as below:

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n4612226/open_window.png

I read some articles say that i need to use:
volumeMapper->SetCroppingRegionPlanes(5,65,5,65,5,65);
SetCroppingRegionFlags(0x7ffdfff);

Can anyone show me a simple example? I can provide full codes at here.
Many thanks.

best regards,
vislai