[vtkusers] IsRenderSupported method crash

EvilMax maxim.privalov at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 14:00:59 EDT 2011

Hi!

Thank you for your answer.

I've searched for information and found opinions that crashes could be
produced by some incorrect resources freeing. Some information is located
here:
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/wxPython-amp-VTK-How-to-Destroy-wxVTKRenderWindow-without-errors-td1239400.html

About RemoveAllProps, it seems that it produced crash if called twice. It
was possible in our event-driven UI framework. So only problem left is crash
of IsRenderSupported if called second time.

Only workaround for IsRenderSupported I found is to create pane and pipeline
from scratch every time when need to show render window after hiding. But
this is not good and inability to 'shutdown' VTK properly could produce
memory leaks.

Questions remains: how to prevent IsRenderSupproted to crash on second try
and how to shutdown VTK pipeline and free its resources in Java ?