[vtkusers] Announcement: New image rendering classes for VTK

EvilMax maxim.privalov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:50:03 EDT 2011

David, glad to see this news. Awesome work! Thank you!

Also MPR and reslising discussion here is very informative. vtkImageReslice
become more understandable for me from this :)

A few questions about this.
1. Has vtkImageResliceMapper support exttracting slices and placing them
where they are in original space? I.e. for achieving following goal: get
uniform coordinates for 3D view and reference views, so pointing to any
coordinate on one reference view could be mapped easily to other. I created
this manualy, but maybe it could be done more easily from now?

2. How stable is development tree comparing to VTK 5.6.1 release? Release
has some annoying bugs or feature lacks, so question is 'to be or not to
be?' applyng to switching project to VTK development tree.