[vtkusers] Activiz.NET VTKCellArray Missing Functions

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 00:41:05 EDT 2011

I can describe a different way to traverse a cell array from the wrapper
languages, that might be more suitable for your needs.

The vtkCellArray returned by GetLines() stores all the pointIds in a
vtkDataArray, and the data arrays are easier to manipulate through the
wrapper languages than cell arrays.  The following is example code in
python:

cellArray = filter.GetOutput().GetLines()
n = cellArray.GetNumberOfCells()
dataArray = cellArray.GetData()
k = 0
# go through the line cells
for i in range(n):
  # get the number of points in the line
  m = dataArray.GetValue(k)
  k += 1
  # go through the points
  for j in range(m):
    pointId = dataArray.GetValue(j+k)
    point = points.GetPoint(pointId)
  # go to the next line
  k += m

As seen in the above example, for each cell in the cell array, the data
array contains a value giving the size of the cell, followed by the point
Ids of all the points in that cell.

 - David