[vtkusers] Calculating camera position to view DICOM images

Jothy jothybasu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 06:59:24 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to view DICOM images with vtkRenderer. I am using
FileLowerLeftOn() while reading DICOM images. Now the images are fliped in
the render window upside-down.
To correct for this as suggested by David G and others, I am using SetViewUp
(0,-1,0, incase of axial ot get it in the right orientation). But the
problem is the images are rendered on top the screen, only half of the
images is visible. I think I shoud set proper camera position using
GetActiveCamera()->SetPosition(). How to calculate proper camera position
for a given Image origin/imageCentre.

Should I also set focalPoint?

Does anyone know these maths?

Thanks very much