[vtkusers] Need help with Python-VTK + GUI

Christian Jauvin cjauvin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 11:46:27 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've been running in a lot of trouble trying to use the Tk and Qt
framework bindings for Python-VTK version 5.9, compiled from the
latest source on Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit.

I'm pretty sure I nailed all the required CMake compile options for it
(VTK_USE_TK and VTK_USE_QT, among others) but each of them fails in a
different way:

* Every Tk example I try to run segfaults as soon as a
vtkTkRenderWindowInteractor is instantiated

* Every Qt example shows a greyish blank window, without nothing
happening further

I could of course provide other details to help debug, but as a first
pass, I'd like to know if others had similar problems, as there is
maybe something obvious that I simply missed.

Thanks a lot,

Christian