[vtkusers] remove vtkImageBlend item

Mauro Maiorca mauromaiorca at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 23:11:30 EST 2011

Hello vtk users,

I'm struggling to understand how to remove an item from a vtkImageBlend object.

To be more specific, I have a (grayscale) 2D image and few
vtkImageCanvasSource2D objects to interactively attach/detach to the
greyscale image.
In order to attach the objects to the grayscale image I'm using
vtkImageBlend, and it's working fine.
The problem is to detach the vtkImageCanvasSource2D objects from
vtkImageBlend: I don't see any "remove" function in vtkImageBlend.
Do you know whether it is possible? If vtkImageBlend is not the best
approach to solve my problem, do you know a better (VTK) approach to
it?
As a quick and dirty solution, I create a new vtkImageBlend and I
attach to it the grayscale image plus all the
vtkImageCanvasSource2Dobjects except the one I want to "remove", it's
working but it's (obviously) slow with a big image and a big number of
objects.

cheers,
Mauro