[vtkusers] Interactor crashing in a QVTKWidget with vtkImagePlaneWidget

Cyrille Faucheux cyrille.faucheux at etu.univ-tours.fr
Tue Jan 25 08:37:14 EST 2011

Sorry, it seems I clean up my code a bit too much.

Corrected code attached to this email.

Le 25/01/2011 13:37, Cyrille Faucheux a écrit :

Hello everyone,

I've got a small application that display a 3D stack of images in 3D
with 3 orthogonal planes (vtkImagePlaneWidget), adaptated from some code
from here : http://code.google.com/p/fw4spl/wiki/Tutorial6?wl=fr .

My code is using a vtkRenderWindow, and works as expected. Now I am
trying to make it render into a QVTKWidget.

The rendering works fine, but when I click on a plane, I am supposed to
be able to "drag" my plane in order to visualize the others slices. But
right now, my application crashes as soon as I click on a plane, with an
access violation from deep inside VTK.

I am compiling this code using Visual Studio 2010 in 32 bits on a
Windows7 64bits, ITK 3.20.0 and VTK 5.6.1 compiled as static and Qt
4.7.0 (that I compiled myself too).

My code (a bit simplified) is attached to this email. The type of images
used by the application is a series of .bmp (no naming rule for the names).

Does somebody have an idea about what is going (I am doing?) wrong in my
code?

Thanks in advance