[vtkusers] Thresholding to distance from a mesh

Ambar C ambarc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 18:50:26 EST 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to use the vtkThreshold class to filter some data, where I
want the scalar for the threshold to be determined by how far the
current point is from a base mesh A. However, I don't understand how
to use the scalar value extracted from each point by vtkThreshold, and
nor do I understand how that is calculated. Also, the rule I want to
use in thresholding involves specifying a certain physical distance
from the base mesh; how do I find out what scale/distance to use?

Please feel free to ask any following questions.

Best,
Ambar