[vtkusers] Fwd: Need your help in vtk

Ali Habib ali.mahmoud.habib at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 16:32:06 EST 2011

Hi

I asked alot in VTK forum without reply .I finished alot of progress , my
pipeline is

reading DICOM -> build iso surface , cut and process on the 3D.

the problem is that the large is the dataset the slow is the output and the
performance decrease incredibly

I use vtkContourFilter for rendering 3D , dod uhave any suggestion to fix
the performance , this is the code I use

            vtk.vtkDICOMImageReader VDR = new vtk.vtkDICOMImageReader();
            VDR.SetDirectoryName(@"E:\Master
Degree\DataSet\case2\DICOM\PA1\ST1\SE2");
            VDR.SetDataOrigin(0, 0, 0);
            VDR.Update();

            // decrease the dataset data for large data preprocessing

            vtkImageShrink3D VIS = new vtkImageShrink3D();
            VIS.SetShrinkFactors(2, 2, 2);
            VIS.SetInputConnection(VDR.GetOutputPort());
            VIS.Update();

            vtkImageThreshold VIT = new vtkImageThreshold();
            VIT.ThresholdBetween(200, 2000);
            VIT.SetInputConnection(VIS.GetOutputPort());
            VIT.Update();

            ///// Start the creation of volume rendering

            //1. Gget the range of data
            vtk.vtkImageChangeInformation VIC = new
vtk.vtkImageChangeInformation();
            VIC.SetInput(VDR.GetOutput());
            VIC.CenterImageOn();
            VIC.Update();

            vtk.vtkImageData VoxelData = new vtk.vtkImageData();
            VoxelData = VIC.GetOutput();

            double[] metaScalarRange = VoxelData.GetScalarRange();

            // Render the skin - Soft tissue
            double isovalue= - 963 ;//= 0.8 * (metaScalarRange[1] +
metaScalarRange[0]);

            vtkContourFilter skinExtractor = new vtkContourFilter();
            skinExtractor.SetInputConnection(VIT.GetOutputPort());
             skinExtractor.SetValue(0, isovalue);
            //skinExtractor.GenerateValues(1,-300,300);
            skinExtractor.ComputeGradientsOn();

            skinExtractor.Update();