[vtkusers] How can I get information such as KVP, X-ray Tube Current, window-level, etc. of a DICOM set?

iono sphere 999ionospheres at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 23:01:09 EST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve information from a set of DICOM images. I have
successfully retrieved the name of the patient using this code:

        vtkDICOMImageReader* reader = vtkDICOMImageReader::New();
        reader->SetDirectoryName(argv[1]);
        reader->Update();
        printf("Patient name %s\n", reader->GetPatientName());

However, I couldn't find methods for extracting other information such as
KVP, X-ray Tube Current, window-level, etc. of the DICOM set. Is it not
possible for vtkDICOMImageReader to look for these information? Or must I
use something else?

Thank you.
<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkMedicalImageReader2.html#ae261c4a58ff2eb25a62e300a5431923e>