[vtkusers] Graph visualization features in VTK

Steffen Oeltze stoeltze at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Jan 18 10:41:08 EST 2011

DearAll,

I plan to evaluate VTK for graph visualization and I wonder whether it
provides the features listed below.
For some features, I already found information online.

- handle ~100 vertices and ~10000 edges (ok)
- circular layout strategy (ok)
- edge bundling (ok)
- vertex/edge labeling (ok)

- interactive selection of multiple vertices and edges by picking (???)
- modifying the edge thickness/width according to some edge weight (???)
- filtering vertices according to their degree (???)
- filtering edges according to their weight (???)
- fast update when the set of vertices remains fixed but the set of
connecting edges changes (???)

I would be very happy, if you could provide a yes/no answer for each
point and maybe, a starting point for me to look at.

Best regards and thanks a lot in advance,
Steffen