[vtkusers] VTK httpserver class?

Matthew Green babygguy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 09:19:43 EST 2011

Hi,

I've been looking at implementing a basic http interface for my VTK
project to accept options. I don't need to render within the browser
but rather use it to control a rendered window. To do this I've
started looking at implementing a reusable http server class
(hopefully something I can share). Before I start I'm wondering if
there is any crossover with other tools and if anyone has done this
before. ParaViewWeb seems to be the only similar implementation I can
find but that looks to be too overkill for a portable client side app.
So far am considering 2 options:

Wt - Seems like it would be the best option except it's GPL (major problem)
bozohttpd - Light weight, BSD variant, contains a ready to use API

I haven't used bozohttpd as of yet but it seems to be moderately
active with security fixes and new features. Anyone have any thoughts
on additional options?

Thanks!
Matt