[vtkusers] file format for transient analysis

Mitchell, John A jamitch at sandia.gov
Wed Jan 12 15:36:20 EST 2011

Alejandro,

I agree with you about repeating information.

I don't think the VTK xml format can do what you're looking for. The exodus format may work for you -- but that may depend upon the type of analysis you are doing.  I know that exodus works well for structural, thermal and perhaps some other kinds of physics.  There are also definitely people who are far more knowledgeable on this topic than me.

Regards,
John