[vtkusers] Scalable axis in vtk?

Jafari, Kourosh kjafari at rad.hfh.edu
Tue Jan 11 23:41:14 EST 2011

Dear all,

I would like to show four axes at the four sides of a renderer to show the scale of the image. In other words, I would like to have rulers at the sides. I would like the axes to be scaled as I scale the image. I have used vtkAxisActor2D which visually looks like what I am looking for but has the following problems:

1. The axis is static and does not change when I scale the image.
2. The ticks are either downward (for horizontal axis) or to the right side (for vertical axis), so I can use them only at two sides of the image (top and left).

Is there any solution for the above two problems?

Thanks a lot!
Kourosh