[vtkusers] Problem with reading files

Hamilton Woods ghw at accutrol.com
Wed Jan 5 17:48:09 EST 2011

John,

Boy, that took a while for me to get back to you.  I finally tried
again, based on the information you provided.

> 6. Then configure.
> I disabled BUILD_TESTING, left BUILD_SHARED_LIBS disabled and then
> enabled BUILD_EXAMPLES. These options are all available if both the
> groped and advanced boxes are checked.

I had chosen to enable BUILD_SHARED_LIBS.  Today I rebuilt VTK with
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS disabled.  This allowed me to build the DumpXMLFile
example in debug or release mode and execute it without error.

Thanks immensely for your help,
Hamilton Woods