[vtkusers] issue in vtkGraphLayoutView

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Tue Feb 15 11:19:46 EST 2011

My understanding is that scalar bars were a beta feature that never was
fully functional and should either be completed or removed.

You are however free to set up your own vtkScalarBarActor with your lookup
tables from your theme and call view->GetRenderer()->AddActor(scalarbar).

Jeff

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Steffen Oeltze <
stoeltze at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using a vtkGraphLayoutView as follows:
>
> vtkSmartPointer<vtkGraphLayoutView> glv =
> vtkSmartPointer<vtkGraphLayoutView>::New();
> glv->SetLayoutStrategyToCircular();
> glv ->SetRepresentationFromInput(this);
> glv ->VertexLabelVisibilityOn();
> glv ->SetVertexColorArrayName("VertexDegree");
> glv ->SetVertexLabelArrayName("VertexNames");
> glv ->ColorVerticesOn();
> glv ->SetEdgeColorArrayName("ColorIndices");
> glv ->ColorEdgesOn();
> glv ->SetEdgeLayoutStrategyToArcParallel();
> // glv ->SetEdgeScalarBarVisibility(true);
> // glv ->SetVertexScalarBarVisibility(true);
>
> When I uncomment the last two lines in order to visualize the corresponding
> scalar bars, I receive the following errors:
>
> Warning: In ..\..\Rendering\vtkScalarBarActor.cxx, line 240
> vtkScalarBarActor (000000000CE56140): Need a mapper to render a scalar bar
>
> Warning: In ..\..\Rendering\vtkScalarBarActor.cxx, line 263
> vtkScalarBarActor (000000000CE55E80): Need a mapper to render a scalar bar
>
> Do you have any idea why this is happening?
>
> Best Regards,
> Steffen

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Jeff Baumes, Ph.D.